We are being flooded with Social Media invitations and updates. Web-based communication icons like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn are dominating the way we interact with each other. People are feeling the need to be updated at all times, they love to share, but they need to know what is alright to share and what should not be sent out. Understanding Social Media is about communicating the right way.To effectively learn how to use social media in the workplace, an employee must learn the basic building blocks of social media and the different ways they interact and perform. Once we understand that social media is about communication, we can establish guidelines that allow employees to feel free to network while staying focused at work.This course touches on the definition of social media, social media policies, security, the rules for posting, the benefits and pitfalls of social media, taking customers’ feedback into account.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what social media is
- Build and maintain your social media policy
- Keep your social media secure
- Establish rules for posting
- Understand the benefits and pitfalls of using social media
This course is designed for:
- Business owners and executives
- Team leaders and managers
- Human Resources professionals
- Anyone who wishes to understand the link between social media and the workplace and how to use social media effectively
None/No previous knowledge required.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
This course comes with 12 modules consisting of videos, text, case studies and quizzes.It is a self-paced program available 24/7. Participants can learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started
- Lesson 2: What is Social Media?
- Lesson 3: Defining Your Social Media Policy (I)
- Lesson 4: Defining Your Social Media Policy (II)
- Lesson 5: Creating a Living Document
- Lesson 6: Keeping an Eye on Security
- Lesson 7: Rules to Follow When Posting (I)
- Lesson 8: Rules to Follow When Posting (II)
- Lesson 9: Benefits of Social Media
- Lesson 10: The Pitfalls of Social Media
- Lesson 11: Listen to Your Customers
- Lesson 12: Wrapping Up
A participation certificate will be issued on completion of the course.