They say that leaders are born, not made. While it is true that some people are born leaders, the others can learn to become one! Clearly, leadership potential exists within each of us. That potential can be triggered by outside events, or it can be learned by exploring ourselves from within.
This training takes the latter approach. It is never easy to take the lead, as you will need to make decisions and face challenges, but it can become natural and rewarding. Leadership is not telling others what to do. Leadership is inspiring others to do what needs to be done. Genuine leaders take a stand and motivate others to join them in a noble purpose.
Once you learn the techniques of true leadership, you will be able to build the confidence it takes to take the lead and the more experience you have acting as a genuine leader, the easier it will be for you.Influence is subtle, yet incredibly powerful. You can order someone to do a task, but you cannot order them to do their best. It simply does not work and usually has the opposite effect. You can influence people to do their best by providing a h5, motivating example in addition to positive reinforcement. Leadership addresses tasks, while influence addresses attitudes and awareness. Influence is the soul of leadership.With this course you will learn what true leadership is and how to become an influent leader.
This course touches on the definition of leadership, situational leadership, the abilities that can influence followers, how to become an inspirational model, how to inspire a shared vision, innovation and improvement, encouraging growth and creating respect, basic influencing skills, setting goals.
- Understand what leadership is
- Understand transformational leadership
- Understand the people you lead and adapt your leadership styles
- Lead by directing, coaching, participating, delegating
- Create your own action plan
- Establish your personal goals
This course is designed for:
- Team leaders and managers
- Business owners and executives
- Anyone who wishes to take on a leadership position
None/No previous knowledge required.
Estimated Course Duration
This course comes with 12 modules consisting of videos, text, case studies and quizzes.It is a self-paced program available 24/7. Participants can learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- Lesson 1: The Evolution of Leadership
- Lesson 2: Situational Leadership
- Lesson 3: A Personal Inventory
- Lesson 4: Modeling the Way
- Lesson 5: Inspiring a Shared Vision
- Lesson 6: Challenging the Process
- Lesson 7: EnablingFinalizingOthersthe Planto Act
- Lesson 8: Encouraging the Heart
- Lesson 9: Basic Influencing Skills
- Lesson 10: Setting Goals
A participation certificate will be issued on completion of the course.