Project management isn’t just for construction engineers and military logistics experts anymore. Today, in addition to regular job duties, people are often expected to take on extra assignments and to get that additional job done well, done under budget, and done on time.
This course is not intended to take participants from a supervisory or administrative position to that of a project manager. However, these three days will familiarize them with the most common terms and the most current thinking about projects. In this, you will walk participants through the nuts and bolts of project management, from setting priorities to controlling expenses and reporting on the results. They may still have to cope with the unexpected, but they’ll be better prepared.
- Understand what is meant by a project.
- Recognize what steps must be taken to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Sell ideas and make presentations.
- Use simple techniques and tools for planning and tracking a project.
- Use methods for keeping the team focused and motivated.
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: What is a Project?
- Session Three: Project Management Basics
- Session Four: Pre-Assignment Review
- Session Five: How Can Projects Help Me?
- Session Six: A Project’s Life Cycle
- Session Seven: Selling a Project
- Session Eight: Preparing Your Project
- Session Nine: The Role of a Project Manager
- Session Ten: Project Goals
- Session Eleven: Laying Out the Project
- Session Twelve: Project Risks
- Session Thirteen: Contingency Planning
- Session Fourteen: What Really Needs To Be Done?
- Session Fifteen: The Work Breakdown Structure
- Session Sixteen: Planning Tools
- Session Seventeen: Budgets
- Session Eighteen: Teamwork
- Session Nineteen: Developing Teams
- Session Twenty: Putting it Into Practice
- Session Twenty-One: Communication Tips
- Session Twenty-Two: Closing Out a Project
- Session Twenty-Three: Team Meetings
- Session Twenty-Four: Presentation Primer
- Session Twenty-Five: Project Presentations
A participation certificate will be issued upon completion of the course.