Business networking is an effective and efficient way for business people to connect, develop meaningful relationships, and grow their businesses. These achievements don’t come through a direct sales approach, however. They come from being interested in helping others, in listening, and in purposefully meeting and introducing people to one another.
In this course, you will learn the essential ingredients for business networking, including in-person, people-centered connections and online spaces such as LinkedIn.
- Introduce yourself in a meaningful, memorable way, even if you have never worked on an elevator pitch before
- Be goal focused about networking so that you can make the most of events that you attend
- Apply the concept of give first and be helpful as part of a system of reciprocity
- Use strategy and systems in order to network effectively
- Leverage the availability and usefulness of the Internet, including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Session One: Course Overview
- Session Two: Assessing Your Networking Skills
- Session Three: Identifying Opportunities and Customizing Your Approach
- Session Four: Creating a Positive First Impression
- Session Five: Your Memorable Intro
- Session Six: Starting the Conversation
- Session Seven: The Handshake
- Session Eight: Business Cards
- Session Nine: Handling Tough Situations
- Session Ten: Following Up
- Session Eleven: Organizing Your Network
- Session Twelve: Leveraging the Internet
A participation certificate will be issued upon completion of the course.