Hiring, training, and bringing new employees on board are major, but secure investments that will assist newly hired employees in developing and keeping their skills, knowledge, and value within the company. An onboarding program does more than orienting new employees, it determines how new employees relate to their organization and help them see their future within it.
Implementing an employee onboarding program will shape the company culture while developing a highly qualified pool of talent.Employees who start well feel welcomed, are more likely to stay at the company long-term, are more engaged and retain information better. All of these advantages will reduce turnover and save money in hiring and training costs.
This course touches on the definition of onboarding and its purpose, how to prepare for and create an engaging onboarding program, how to set expectations, the importance of resilience and flexibility and how to provide feedback.
- Understand what onboarding is
- Understand the benefits and the purpose of onboarding
- Prepare for and create an onboarding program
- Identify ways to engage and follow up with employees
- Create expectations
- Discover the importance of resilience and flexibility
This course is designed for:
- Human resources staff
- Onboarding supervisors
- Team leaders
Estimated Course Duration
This course comes with 12 modules consisting of videos, text, case studies and quizzes.It is a self-paced program available 24/7. Participants can learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- Lesson 1: The Purpose of Onboarding
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Onboarding
- Lesson 3: Onboarding Preparation
- Lesson 4: Creating an Engaging Program
- Lesson 5: Following Up with New Employees
- Lesson 6: Setting Expectations
- Lesson 7: Resiliency and Flexibility
- Lesson 8: Assigning Work
- Lesson 9: Providing Feedback
- Lesson 10: Download Course Curriculum
A participation certificate will be issued on completion of the course.