Having to fire an employee is never an easy task. Sometimes, despite attempts of open communication and encouraging performance, an employee will need to be terminated from the company and it is essential to do this in a fair, but clear, direct and firm manner.
Terminating an employee is often stressful and distressing for both parties and one of the hardest aspects of preparing to fire an employee is to separate the emotions from the facts;
Firing an employee should always be a last resort, so it is important that the manager has covered all other avenues possible before moving forward.With this course you will begin to see how important it is to develop a core set of skills when you find yourself in a situation where you have to let an employee go.
This course touches on performance improvement plans, how to recognize employees who should be terminated, how to set up and conduct a termination meeting, the correct way to fire an employee, the “Do’s” and “Dont's” of firing an employee.
- Create an employee performance plan
- Identify employees who should be terminated
- Establish effective termination meetings
- Understand the “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of firing an employee
- Conduct exit interviews
This course is designed for:
- Team leaders
- Business owners and executives
Estimated Course Duration
This course comes with 12 modules consisting of videos, text, case studies and quizzes.It is a self-paced program available 24/7. Participants can learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- Lesson 1: PlacingImprovementan EmployeePlan Beforeon a PerformanceFiring
- Lesson 2: Employees Who Should be Terminated
- Lesson 3: ThingsTerminationto ConsiderMeetingWhen Setting Up the
- Lesson 4: The Correct Way to Fire an Employee
- Lesson 5: Employment Termination Checklist
- Lesson 6: The « Don’ts » of Firing an Employee
- Lesson 7: Conduct Effective Exit Interviews
- Lesson 8: Download Course Curriculum
A participation certificate will be issued on completion of the course.