Although we all know that training can have many awesome benefits, sometimes it can be hard to prove those benefits and attach a dollar value to training. Some topics, like sales training or time management, might have direct, tangible benefits. Other topics, like communication or leadership, might have benefits that you can’t put a dollar value on.
With our Measuring Training Results course, learn about the different ways to evaluate training progress, and how to use those results to demonstrate Return On Investment (ROI). Mulitple your ROI by learning how to review, and then adapt and modify the outcomes to create adaptive content and highly focused learners.
- Understand Kolb’s learning styles and learning cycle
- Understand Kirkpatrick’s levels of evaluation
- Get familiar with key evaluation tools, including goal setting, tests, reactionary sheets, interviews, observations, hip-pocket assessments, skill assessments, and learning journals
- Understand when to use each type of evaluation tool
- Be able to perform a needs assessment
- Know how to write learning objectives and link them to evaluation
- Be able to write an evaluation plan to evaluate learning at each stage of the training and far beyond
- Know how to identify the costs, benefits, and return on investment of training
- Get familiar with the parts of a business case
- Module One: Getting Started
- Module Two: Kolb’s Learning Styles
- Module Three: Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluation
- Module Four: Types of Measurement Tools
- Module Five: Focusing the Training
- Module Six: Creating an Evaluation Plan
- Module Seven: Assessing Learning before Training
- Module Eight: Assessing Learning during Training
- Module Nine: Assessing Learning after Training
- Module Ten: The Long Term View
- Module Eleven: Calculating the Return on Investment (ROI)
- Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
A participation certificate will be issued upon completion of the course.