In today’s fast-moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with some human resource issues. They may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, take part in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline.
This course will introduce those managers to human resource concepts. We will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring (such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline).
- Identify current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions.
- Write job specifications and identify core competencies.
- Apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques.
- Get new employees off to a good start.
- Understand compensation and benefits.
- Maintain healthy employee relations.
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process
- Session One: Course Review
- Session Two: Defining Human Resources
- Session Three: Performing a Skills Inventory
- Session Four: Forecasting Techniques
- Session Five: Job Analysis
- Session Six: Identifying Job Competencies
- Session Seven: Position Profiles and Job Descriptions
- Session Eight: Do You Really Need to Hire?
- Session Nine: Finding Candidates
- Session Ten: Advertising Guidelines
- Session Eleven: Screening Resumes
- Session Twelve: Preparing for the Interview
- Session Thirteen: Conducting the Interview
- Session Fourteen: After the Interview
- Session Fifteen: Employee Orientation and Onboarding
- Session Sixteen: Follow the Leader
- Session Seventeen: Planning Training
- Session Eighteen: Working With External Providers
- Session Nineteen: Performance Reviews
- Session Twenty: Attendance Management
- Session Twenty-One: Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Session Twenty-Two: Privacy Issues
- Session Twenty-Three: Compensation and Benefits
- Session Twenty-Four: Managing Disciplinary Issues
- Session Twenty-Five: Terminating Employees
- Session Twenty-Six: Exit Interviews
A participation certificate will be issued upon completion of the course.