There are currently five generations in the workforce, and employers faced with mass retirements of Baby Boomers are looking for ways to prepare for the changes that will result.
This course examines the history and reality of the generation gap. It explores whether defining the actual limits of each generation is most important, or whether the merits of people within the context of employment is the bigger issue. You will also gain an understanding on how others helps us to understand ourselves and to manage the people that we work with. We will explore problems, solutions, and strategies to help overcome issues of the generation gap.
- Identify where the generation gap issue surfaces, and the impact it has on the modern workforce.
- Describe and apply language that is specific to each generation currently in the workplace.
- Explore organization strategies that overcome gap issues.
- Evaluate the need and effectiveness of recruiting, retention, and succession plans in context of the generation gap.
- Module One: Getting Started
- Module Two: History
- Module Three: Traditionalist
- Module Four: Baby Boomers
- Module Five: Generation X
- Module Six: Generation Y
- Module Seven: Differentiations Between
- Module Eight: Finding Common Ground
- Module Nine: Conflict Management (I)
- Module Ten: Conflict Management (II)
- Module Eleven: The Power of 4
- Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
A participation certificate will be issued upon completion of the course.