Effective recruitment and retention of talented individuals is crucial for the organizational plan to succeed, and as such areas of importance include: effectively recruiting, managing, developing, supporting, and working with employees to achieve personal and organizational goals. Focus is also given upon an organization’s mission, vision, goals, leadership, diversity and culture. Learners become familiar with basic concepts and methods of hiring people who positively impact customer service, profitability and the overall promotion of a positive working environment.
To facilitate the learning experience the material is separated into 4 topic areas, each having a duration of one week, and presented in a series of highly informative videos. These videos are supplemented by text and additional resources and take learners through the fundamental elements of effective Human Resource management in organizations, culminating in a final topic quiz. This ensures comprehension of the course material and later retention so the relevant concepts can be applied in respective working environments.
WHAT WILL I LEARN
- Understand the role of human resources professionals in 21st century organizations.
- Introduce students (Introduction) to the importance of hiring and retaining the best people.
- Define an organization’s mission, vision and goals.
- Explore ways to manage, develop, support and work with employees to achieve personal and organizational goals.
- Learn why effective leadership, diversity and culture are important.
- Realize how the right people can positively impact customer service and profitability.
- Check your knowledge learned about hiring and retaining the best people in 21st century organizations.
WEEK 1: Introduction to HR Management
- An Introduction to Human Resources (HR) Management
- The Role HR Management Professionals
- How HR Professionals Help Organizations
- Know Who to Hire (The Gap Analysis)
- The Importance of Hiring and Retaining the Best People
WEEK 2: Hiring the best people
- The Importance of Hiring and Retaining the Best People (Continued)
- The Organization’s Mission, Vision and Goals
WEEK 3: How to achieve goals through employee management
- Manage, Develop, Support and Work with Employees to Achieve Goals
- Leadership, Diversity and Culture
WEEK 4: Customer service and best practices
- Customer Service and Profits
- Best Practices and Statistics
There are three multiple choice quizzes in the course each carrying an equal weight towards the final course grade. In order to successfully complete the course and obtain your certificate you need to achieve an overall grade of 50% or above in the end of the course quizzes.
A certificate will be issued upon completionof the course.